Salt is probably the most used ingredient that people put in meals to make them more appetizing. However, this is not the only thing that salt can be used for. Did you know that you can use salt to clean your home?! Well, if not, read further you will find out that this is possible!
Salt As Home Cleaner
Here are three exclusive home-made cleaners, including salt to make your home clean and good looking.
- Make a home-made oven cleaner mix using 1 cup of baking soda, 1/3 cup of table salt and water. So, spray the inside of your oven well with water first. Mix the baking soda and salt together then sprinkle over the water. After that, spray the surface again with water. Let it sit over the night. In the morning, clean the oven with a hot soapy solution.
- To make your home-made natural pesticide spray make a mixture of 2 tablespoons salt and 4 litres of warm water. Add the salt into a bottle of warm water and let it to cool. Then, use the solution for chewing insects, spider mites, cabbage worms, etc.
- The TLC Carpet Cleaning Team advise to use salt as a cast iron cookware cleaner. Just sprinkle the surface with salt and use it as a scouring powder to remove stubborn bits.
More useful sources:
Vinegar & Lemon Juice
Vinegar and lemon juice are both acidic liquids that are usually used separately but this doesn’t mean that they cannot be mixed together, furthermore that a mixture of these products can be quite effective cleaning solution if made the right way. Whether it is to clean your windows or remove some stubborn stain, you will find that making and using such a cleaner is very simple, especially when you follow proven steps like these below.
- 1. Pour 1 part of white vinegar and 1 part of lemon juice into a medium-sized bowl. It is a good idea to pour both of the liquids close to the bottom and towards the side of the bowl, so you don’t cause either liquid to spill over the rim.
- 2. Use a spoon to stir the solution in a circular motion in order to mix both ingredients together. Do not stir too vigorously, as advised by cleaners Hackney, so you don’t spill the solution.
- 3. Use the solutions as you would a commercial cleaning product.
- 4 .Store the remaining solution into a container with lid. Make sure to label the container with the ingredients, so you know exactly what you are using in the future.
More useful sources:
Note: If the smell of the solution is too strong for you, The TLC Carpet Cleaning Team suggests adding a little bit of water to the mixture in order to dilute it. Another advice of these professionals is to test the cleaning solution on a inconspicuous area before applying it to a larger one, so you can be sure that this mixture of mild acids won’t damage the treated surface. Yet another option is to book our carpet stain removal service.