How to Clean Your Fridge
If you have bad odours in your kitchen, then you probably should clean your fridge. Cleaning the fridge is an important task that people should do both to preserve the good look of their kitchens and prevent bad odours. However, how exactly this household chore should be done?
If you are wondering what is required to make your refrigerator clean, then check out our professional house cleaning tips below.
1. Switch off your fridge from the power source first. Then you should let it cool down for an hour or two. To speed up the process just leave the door open. While you are waiting, you have to remove the food from the fridge and store it on a cool place. Get rid of the expired food and the one you will not eat.
2. Continue by removing the racks, drawers and other parts from the inside. Place them in the kitchen sink to wash them. For the last one, use a solution of hot water and some dish-washing liquid. Clean the inside of your fridge with a rag dampened with soapy water. Rinse the rag well after every wipe. Avoid using any chemical solutions. Pay special attention to the hidden parts of your fridge.
3. Our professional cleaners advise to prepare a solution of 2 cups white vinegar and 2-3 litres water. Use the solution to wipe the interior of your fridge again. The white vinegar will not only neutralize the bad odours, but will kill all the germs and bacteria, as well.
4. To remove the bad odours, coming from your fridge, our expert team recommend using a mixture of 1 quart warm water and 2 tablespoons baking soda. Use the solution to clean the interior of your fridge. Then rinse well with clean water. For the purpose you can also place a box of baking soda in the fridge to neutralize the nasty smells.
5. The next step that you should also take includes the cleaning of your freezer. Remove the shelves first, then wipe the interior with some natural detergent and a clean cloth. To defrost the freezer quickly, just place a bowl with hot water in it. Another trick that you can also use for the purpose is to try defrost your freezer with a hair dryer. Do not ever scrape the ice in your freezer with a sharp object as you can cause some irreparable damages. It would be good to place a large bowl under the freezer to collect the drips. Use these tips only if you are completely sure that they are safe.
6. Wipe the exterior with a damp cloth and detergent. Put the clean racks and shelves in the fridge. Then you can replace the food where it belongs.
7. If the exterior of your fridge is very dirty, use a solution of warm water and white vinegar to make it shine. Do not forget to clean the area under the fridge, too.