If you have lots of upholstered items in your home and you are wondering which is the best method that you can use to keep them clean, you should continue reading this piece of text. Upholstery cleaning can be an easy task to do, especially if you have the right cleaning tools and materials for the job.
Curtain Cleaning Tip
According to many industry professionals, to preserve the good look of your floral curtains for a longer period, you should take care of them regularly. And here are 3 useful curtain cleaning methods to use:
- 1. To get rid of the collected dirt and dust on your beautiful curtains use a lint brush. This method works excellent for curtains that are made of velvet or other such fabrics. You can also use the lint brush technique for heavy curtains or ones that cannot be removed easily.
- 2. To remove odours from your curtains and make them smell fresh and nice, use some fabric freshener. The last one can be found in every store. Pick up the best scent for your personal taste and spray your curtains with the freshener. In this way, you will not only freshen your curtains, but the entire room, as well.
- 3. Last but not least, experts recommend rubbing the curtain with a fabric softener dryer sheet. The results will be almost the same as if you apply the lint brush method with the difference that using this method your curtains not only will end up clean but will smell nice, too. So, pick one of these 3 useful curtain cleaning tips to make your domestic environment look amazing!
Mattress Cleaning Tip
Fortunately, there is more than one safe cleaning solution that can help you to clean mildew from mattress. However, before using any of the described solutions, vacuum your mattress thoroughly and take it outside if possible.
- Add 1 tablespoon of liquid dish-washing detergent into a mixing bowl. Slowly pour warm water while stirring the mixture, so a thick sudsy solution can form. You can also use laundry detergent instead of dish-washing agent. Cleaners Lee suggest this solution as one for cleaning mildew from a mattress.
- Use a sponge or rag to scrub the cleaning solution into the mildewed areas. Do not over-wet the mattress with the mixture, as the moisture may penetrate beneath the fabric and wet the inner filling.
- Once the mildew has been removed, let the mattress dry completely in direct sunlight. The sunlight will kill any mildew spores that have remained into the mattress.
Rubbing Alcohol Solution
- Pour 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 1 cup of water into a mixing bowl. Consider wearing rubber gloves when handling rubbing alcohol, as it it is very drying to the skin.
- Damp a cleaning cloth in the solution and wipe off any mildew on the mattress.
Let the mattress air dry.
- If the mattress is heavily affected by mildew, expert cleaners suggest using the detergent solution first and then completing the mildew removal with the alcohol solution.
Suede Upholstery Cleaning Tip
Suede is a delicate fabric requiring lots of care and attention. Many people from all around the world wear suede shoes and clothes, because suede looks good on them. However, all of these people also know how hard is to preserve the good appearance of this fabric.
If you’ve spilled red wine on your suede sofa accidentally and now you are praying for the stain to come out, then stop whining, but start cleaning the spot. According to some of the best professional cleaners the sooner you start cleaning the spot, the better the chance to remove it completely.
The good news here are that for the cleaning of your suede shoes, you do not need to use any toxic detergents, because there are a few household alternatives which are as effective as their commercial versions. And one of these cheap alternatives includes the use of salt … yes I said salt. So, read on to find out how to remove red wine from suede with salt.
- 1. Begin the cleaning by applying regular granulated salt to the stained suede surface. This household product will act as a sponge, absorbing the red wine from the fabric. Use a clean cloth to gently dab the salt into the fabric. Keep dabbing until you see that the wine stain disappears.
- 2. When you get the desired results and there are no visible wine stains on your precious suede shoes, our cleaning specialists advise to gently brush off the salt from the fabric. For the purpose, you can use a special, soft-bristled brush or a vacuum cleaner. Remember that this method is very effective for small wine spots, which are still fresh.